I’ve been looking in my 4-year-old daughter’s closet lately and her dresses are getting too small. I think it’s time to make her a few more dresses that will fit her and bring some more color and style into her wardrobe. Today on Happiest Camper, I’m going to show you 15 Super Cute Free Girls Dress Patterns & Tutorials! As I’ve been on the search for cute free girl’s dress patterns and tutorials, I’ve found some amazing ones that I couldn’t wait to share with you. Before I had kids I thought finding cute clothes that fit was hard. Now as a mom, I realize how much harder it is to find clothes for your kids that not only fit and look cute but also don’t cost a fortune. These fun dress patterns are fun and easy to use. If you need some help, check out our tutorials on how to use a sewing pattern and how to scale a pattern up or down. They make it super easy to sew a dress for your girls that fits perfectly. Plus, it is so fun to sew clothes for your kids. I plan on making a few of these to give to my nieces as Christmas gifts!
My favorite part of making clothes for my girls is picking out cute fabrics. For these dresses, you can use any fabric you like. I normally use a mix of cotton with a good stretch as well as quite a bit of tulle because my girls love it. You’ll also need some basic sewing supplies so we’ve included some of our favorites in the list below. Now, let’s check out these fun sewing patterns!
Sewing Supplies You’ll Need:
- Matching Thread
- Optional Rotary Cutter & Mat
- Measuring tape
- Thread nippers
- Sewing machine
- Fabric marker
15 Super Cute Free Girls Dress Patterns & Tutorials
1. I love being able to whip up a sewing project in a short amount of time. First up on our list of 15 super cute free girl’s dress patterns & tutorials is this A-line Pullover Dress by Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom. It is simple, yet beautiful. You can dress it up or down with the kind of fabric you use and by adding some cute accessories. I also love this print in the photo!
2. This Bella Dress is the cutest princess dress for your little princess. This pattern from Fresh off the Bolt is simple and the end product looks amazing. Every girl needs her own perfect princess dress and this one is amazing. You can make it fit much better than those store-bought ones.
3. Next, we have the Wee Wander Dress by Sarah Jane Studios. The ruffled sleeves are darling and I love the boxed pleats on the skirt. This is a great dress pattern for intermediate or advanced sewers. We have a tutorial on a pleated skirt if you need some extra help.
4. Mix it up with this adorable Circle Dress! This is such a fun dress. My girls love to twirl in it and always have so much fun. It also makes a cute cover-up at the beach or pool. The pattern makes it simple to cut out the shape. You can even make a matching doll dress while you’re at it!
5. This Brooklyn Empire Dress by The Stitching Scientist is absolutely adorable. You can use knit or woven fabric for this pattern. This would be a great dress for church or another formal occasion. I love this print, but you could also make this with a solid color fabric and it would look great.
6. If you’re looking for a formal dress, this Twas The Night dress pattern by Gros Grain Fab would be perfect. This is a beautiful dress and the creator of the pattern notes that since the tulle is sewn between the dress and lining, there’s no complaining about itchiness! How great is that?!
7. I love the inverted pleats on this Eriqua Dress by Serger Pepper. They make this dress look so professional. This is a fun and unique dress that is easy to style. I like the pop of color across the pleats and the knees. We are about halfway through these 15 super cute free girl’s dress patterns & tutorials!
8. Next on this list of 15 super cute free girl’s dress patterns & tutorials, Life So Savory has this Raglan Dress pattern that you can use to make a shirt or a dress. She mixes knit and woven fabric. Make it short for a shirt to wear with jeans or make it a little longer for a cute dress.
9. Schwin and Schwin created this retro dress called The Carolina Dress. Isn’t it adorable? This looks like something I would have stolen out of my mom’s closet as a kit. This would be an expensive dress if you tried to find it in-store. Pick out some fun fleece and make it yourself.
10. Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom has this free Peasant Dress Pattern. This is a very simple dress pattern and perfect for a beginner sewer. If you are wanting to get into making clothes for your kids, this is a great place to start. This dress is easy to sew and so cute. Makes a wonderful baby shower gift!
11. Next up on our list of 15 super cute free girl’s dress patterns & tutorials, your little girl would love this It Spin Around dress by Making it Little by Little. Another simple pattern and very cute. I love the belt piece and this print is amazing. I love all of it!
12. This pinafore dress is so stinkin’ cute! I love this little dress so much. I upcycled a top with a floral pattern into this dress and I think it turned out so great. This would be so cute in Spring at Easter!
13. I love wearing sundresses myself and this simple sundress pattern is so cute on my little one. The shoulder straps tie for a unique look. The pattern is easy to use and I think this dress turned out so well!
14. If you are wanting something with long sleeves, this swing dress might be just what you are looking for! This free dress pattern is good for sizes 12 months to 5 years. As always, if you need a different size, check out our post on how to scale a pattern up or down.
15. If you are looking for a super simple dress to make, this fat quarter dress is it! This lovely dress is made using just four fat quarters and some ribbon. Mix and match from your fabric stash for a unique look.
I hope you have found a cute free girls dress pattern and tutorial here you would like to make for your little girl, or as a gift for someone else. Don’t forget that we can help you work with a pattern to make it the right size and fit for your little one. Be sure to let us know which one was your favorite!
If you liked these 15 super cute free girl’s dress patterns & tutorials, make sure to pin them to your favorite Pinterest board or share it with friends on social media. If you decide to make any of these projects on your own, make certain that you take a picture afterward and tag us on social media as we love seeing the fabrics and color choices that people use!