Did you know a countertop dishwasher is a thing? A friend of mine shared this bit of intel with me, and my mind was blown. I can have a dishwasher, that doesn’t include my own two hands, in my small rental kitchen? Had I known, I would have bought one years ago!
Months later I am convinced the addition of a countertop dishwasher has changed my life for the better, and it can change yours too, even if you already have a built-in dishwasher.
10 Ways a Countertop Dishwasher Will Change Your Life
1. Men are more likely to use a dishwasher than hand wash. It’s a fun, new gadget to play with. My husband is attracted to it like a moth to a flame.
2. Using a countertop dishwasher is more sanitary than hand washing. This is especially true if you are washing baby bottles, nipples or sippy cups. All the little crevices are nearly impossible to clean with a brush. The heat kills bacteria, so you don’t have to worry about contaminating anyone.
3. Trading hand washing for a countertop dishwasher is an environmentally friendly choice. Dishwashers use less water, and you can easily save the gray water for watering your plants.
4. Since it uses less water, you’ll save money on your water bill. Our bill has been consistently $10 less since making the switch.
5. A countertop dishwasher sits on the counter, much higher than a built-in dishwasher. This makes it more accessible for people who have trouble bending down. I wish I had one after my C-section!
6. Slightly larger than a microwave, all you need to install it is a piece of counter space and a faucet nearby. Add one to your office breakroom or shop for happy employees.
7. Are you a serial renter? Pick up your countertop dishwasher and take it with you.
9. If you enjoy entertaining, it is handy to have one for cleaning up after hosted dinners and parties. You can even dedicate the countertop dishwasher to washing stemware with it’s delicate cycle.
10. The best reason of all to buy a countertop dishwasher? It frees up more time for you to do something more meaningful. Stop standing in front of the sink and spend more time with your family or take some well-deserved time to relax.
Where to Buy a Countertop Dishwasher
Now that you are convinced a countertop dishwasher WILL, in fact, change your life, where do you get one? From Amazon, of course! Just click here.
Amazon has a large variety to choose from. We went with this model because it has mostly metal parts instead of plastic, great reviews, and better longevity. With all the reasons listed above, we plan on keeping our countertop dishwasher for a long time!
How to Install a Countertop Dishwasher
Your countertop dishwasher arrived from Amazon in record time. Now you can set it up in record time.
The hose comes with a quick connect feature so you can use your faucet when the dishwasher is not in use. Simply pull down on the plastic ring and snap it onto the faucet when you’re ready to use it.
Turn on the hot water and press power.
Now relax. Get yourself a treat. The dishes are done.
Tips for Using a Countertop Dishwasher
Skip the detergent pods. A countertop dishwasher uses less detergent than a full size dishwasher. You don’t need all the soap in those little pods. Liquid or powder detergent work just fine. Better yet, make your own with this Dishwasher Detergent DIY.
At the end of a wash cycle, open the door a few inches. The countertop dishwasher does not dry the dishes, but leaving the door open will allow them to air dry in no time.